Thursday, June 18, 2009


Welcome Roxanne Rhoads!

Today I’m hosting story strumpet, tome loving tart, eccentric night owl...these are all words that can describe freelance writer and erotic romance author Roxanne Rhoads.


Her newest release is Torrid Teasers Volume 59, featuring The Questioning Concubine and Renata to be released June 15 through Whiskey Creek Press Torrid. Here's the direct link to the sales info: http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/torrid/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=427

Here’s Roxanne’s bio and interview below, with links:

When not fulfilling one of her many roles as wife and mother of three, Roxanne's world revolves around words...reading them, writing them, editing them, talking about them. In addition to writing her own stories she loves to read and review what others write and operates a site, Fang-tastic Books, dedicated to her favorite type of book- anything paranormal. Her favorite genre is paranormal romance but she'll read just about anything featuring vampires, ghosts, witches and whatnot.

Roxanne writes everything from articles to web content as a freelance writer and poet. Her erotic and romance stories and poems have appeared in Playgirl Magazine, several print anthologies, in ebooks and on numerous Web sites including: JustusRoux.com, OystersandChocolate.com, TheEroticWoman.com, FortheGirls.com, AssociatedContent.com/roxanne, BareBackMag.com, LucreziaMagazine.com, RuthiesClub.com, Sex-Kitten.net and EdenFantasys.com.

Currently two of her short paranormal pieces appear in the anthology Sexy Paranormal Bedtime Stories available at EternalPress.ca, Her Christmas erotica e-book, Tasty Christmas Treats, is also available at Eternal Press.ca and both Eternal Press releases are available in print at Amazon.com.

Her story "The First Brick" appears in Lasting Lust: An Anthology of Kinky Couples in Love available at RavenousRomance.com

Later this year two more of her erotic paranormal novellas will be released through www.EternalPress.ca, Insatiable and Eternal Passion.

When not reading or writing, Roxanne loves to hang out with her family, play with her cats, craft, garden and search for unique vintage finds.

You can visit her at http://www.roxannesrealm.blogspot.com/ and http://www.fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com/

1.First of all, people love to hear publishing stories. Can you tell us how your first sale(s) came about?

I have always been a writer but never tried to actually publish. After returning to the world of writing grew frustrated after I kept receiving rejection after rejection for my work. I said to my husband half joking that I should start writing about something I really know about...sex. he said go for it. After thinking it over I did just that. My first erotica story was written and sent out and accepted by Playgirl Magazine. Since then every story that I have written has been published on a website, in an ebook or in print.

2.What is your favorite genre to write in?

Paranormal erotica. There is something about the world of the paranormal that can add extra sizzle to a steamy story.

3. Please tell us a little about your new book.

In Torrid Teasers Volume 59 there are actually two short paranormal erotica pieces.

The Questioning Concubine features a witch that has come home to find out who killed her parents. After exhausting all traditional and some paranormal methods of discovery she does the one thing a good witch should never do...summon a demon. All she wants is answers but the demon wants something else...the pleasure of her body.

Renata is the story of a vampire named Renata who lives a quiet life in a small town because she fears being caught by vampire hunters. She is no ordinary vampire and needs sex as much as she needs blood. One night while out hunting she comes a cross a canie that intrigues her. She knows she should leave him alone but can't. Tony is exactly what she fears most, a vampire hunter. But he's not out to kill her...at least not after he realizes he is as attracted to her as she is to him.

4. How do you devise your plots/characters?

They usually come to me. I can be in the shower, watching a movie, eating lunch or anything and it's like they tap me on the shoulder and say "Hello, here we are! Go type."

Most stories I sit down and write and I just let it flow. There have been a few that I plot and plan ahead of time but mostly it all comes as I write. I don't pre-plan my fiction.

5. What does your writing schedule consist of? A certain amount of words/hours per day? When the muse strikes?

I work every day, whether I actually get any of my fiction writing done...

Some days it is all about scheduling blog posts and interviews, marketing and working on promoting myself and my web sites. Plus I review other people's books so I work on that a lot as well, plus I write non-fiction articles and poetry so I have to work on querries and submissions with those. So my fiction actually gets put off most of the time, I squeeze it in after every thing else gets done. I wish I could focus on it more but I have to keep money coming in.

6. How can people keep up with your new releases? By visiting my sites http://www.roxannesrealm.blogspot.com/ and http://www.fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com/

7. Can you give any advice to authors who are struggling to be published?

Don't give up. Make connections with other writers, learn the world, learn the way things work and be able to accept rejection and criticism.

8. How long were you writing before you got your first publishing contract?
I have been writing since I could hold a pen in my hand but professionally I didn't get a real paid writing job until 2005. I received my first ebook contract also in 2005, my first print book deal in 2007.

9. Do you write full-time or do you have another job/career?

I wear several job hats but the one I focus on most is writing, so pretty much yes I am a full time writer along with being a wife and mother of three.

10. Finally, what are your favorite books or authors, and what kind of music do you listen to?

I have so many favorite books and authors (check out my site dedicated to them http://www.fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com/).

Most of my favorite books and authors are in the paranormal romance/ urban fantasy genre: Kim Harrison, Laurell K Hamilton, Colleen Gleason, Jenna Maclaine, Madeline Alt, Annette Blair, Kresley Cole, Anne Rice, Vicki Lewis Thompson, J.R. Ward, etc

Music...I listen to a little bit of just about anything and everything depending on my mood. I have everything in my playlist: classical, heavy metal, country, bluegrass, hip hop R&B, rap, pop, and fun eighties tunes from my childhood (Cyndi Lauper anyone?).

Roxanne Rhoads
Freelance Writer, Author, Poet
eroticroxanne@yahoo.com
http://www.roxannesrealm.blogspot.com/
http://www.fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com/

Check Out My Erotica Stories

Tasty Christmas Treats now in ebook and print

Paranormal Bedtime Stories now in ebook and print
Contains my stories Halloween Surprise and Sea of Blood

Lasting Lust: An Anthology of Kinky Couples in Love
Contains my story The First Brick available at RavenousRomance.com

Torrid Teasers Volume 59 available June 15 Whiskey Creek Press Torrid
Featuring Renata and The Questioning Concubine

Justus Roux's Erotic Tales 2
Contains my poem Waiting Patiently

The Mammoth Book of Erotic Confessions Available Soon
Contains two of my erotic confessions

2 comments:

  1. Crickets, hello? Anyone out there?

    Seriously, thanks Diana for having me as a guest today and for the interview. It's fun doing interviews, revealing just a bit of yourself from time to time then readers can all put the pieces together and get the bigger picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,

    This is my first visit to your blog and I'm so glad I came. I've joined the contest you and Dottie are holding on her blog. But, I hope you don't mind...I'd love to put a link to your blog on mine. Please let me know if that is alright with you.

    Hawk

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow